"HELPING THE ENTIRE
23 Park Ridge Drive #1
Stevens Point WI 54481
Phone: (715) 342-4180
Once the mutual decision has been made by the patient/client and the
therapist/facilitator to embark into the process of SomatoEmotional release, the
decision is signaled by the onset of very subtle to very gross yet meaningful
and seemingly spontaneous movements of the patient's/client's body and/or its
parts. By this we mean that the whole body may begin to assume a posture or
position, or only one of its parts, such as a hand, may begin spontaneous
The therapist/facilitator must be extremely sensitive and alert to the
beginnings of these body movements signals. When they begin, the
- Not inhibit very slight movements.
- Not decide what should happen and "lead" the patient's/client's body.
- Attempt to support the patient's/client's body and or body parts in such a
way that gravity is neutralized but nothing more is introduced into the
- Pay very close attention to the stopping and starting of the craniosacral
rhythm. The sudden or abrupt stoppage of the craniosacral rhythm signals a
significant body position in the SER process. The craniosacral rhythm used in
this way has been dubbed the Significance Detector.
- Work precisely the correct positions and/or movements in order to facilitate
the SomatoEmotional Release process. A single millimeter of deviation from the
correct position or movement can interrupt the authentic SER process.
- Exhibit extreme patience with the process, work toward and await significant
- Decide when the patient/client is testing and/or evading, or when the
process is valid and authentic.
A One (1) Hour
Therapy session with Dr. L. Fred Anderson, Psy.D. is
$50.00. Call for an appointment at (715) 342-4180 or 1-800-597-4220 or E-mail